Hotels in the Cinque Terre
Where to stay in the Cinque Terre—Vernazza, Riomaggiore, Monterosso, Corniglia, and Manarola
You can also get leads on places to stay at the national park website: www.parconazionale5terre.it.
Here is my favorite booking aggregator for hotels and other options, followed by a few good leads on renting a private place.
Note: Due to the floods of Octber 25, 2011, nearly all of Vernazza and the Old Town of Monterosso are currently closed. Until these towns recover and rebuild, you'll have to stay elsewhere (though most of the the New Town of Monterosso is open for business).
Hotels in Riomaggiore
Hotels in Monterosso al Mare
Hotels in Vernazza
Note: Again, the town is currently closed while they rebuild following the 2011 floods.
Hotels in Corniglia
Prices varies widely based on size and location (and view—sea views tend to cost more), but expect a room or apartment for two anywhere in the Cinque Terre to run about €60 to €120.
Rental rooms and apartments in Riomaggiore
Your best bet for finding a room or flat to rent in the Cinque Terre is in Riomaggiore, where there are several fantastic rental agencies, the first two of which I have used personally in the past:
- Cinque Terre Holidays (Via Colombo 94, tel. +39-0187-760-073; www.cinqueterreholidays.it), about halfway down the main street on the left under a pink-and-white striped awning (though one of the Fazioli brothers, Luciano or Roberto, often meet arriving trains to drum up business); they also run a B&B.
- Mar Mar (Via Malborghetto 4; tel. +39-0187-920-932; www.5terre-marmar.com), with an office down at the bottom of the main street.
- Riorooms (Via Colombo 158, tel. +39-0187-920-192; www.riorooms.com), on the main street; reps four apartments.
Rental rooms and apartments in Vernazza
Note: Vernazza is currently closed while they rebuild following the 2011 floods.
In Vernazza, contact the Trattoria Gianni Franzi (tel. +39-0187-821-003; www.giannifranzi.it) to rent one of the basic rooms squirreled away in the buildings above the restaurant (lots of stairs to climb), some with brilliant views over the coast; you can call ahead, or just drop by the restaurant's bar by the harborside at Piazza G. Marconi 5 (though, outside summer high season, the restaurant is closed Wednesdays, so you can't check in); it's closed early January to early March.
Rental rooms and apartments in Manarola
- Hiking the Cinque Terre
- How to get around the Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre towns: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, Monterosso al Mare
- Cinque Terre homepage
This material was last updated March 2011. All information was accurate at the time.
about | contact | faq
» THE REIDSITALY.COM DIFFERENCE «
Copyright © 2008–2012 by Reid Bramblett. Author: Reid Bramblett