How to rent a bicycle in Verona
Sights in Verona are kind of spread out, so grabbing a bike to get around can be a good idea.
Verona Bike is the city's bike-sharing program.
A daily abbonamento costs €2 ($2); a weekly one €5 ($6).
It will give you a passcode and a password (well, you choose that one).
You can then use it to grab a bike at any station for the specified period at the following rates:
- Up to 30 min: Free
- Up to 1 hr: €0.50 ($1)
- Up to 1.5 hr: €1.25 ($1)
- Up to 2 hr: €2 ($2)
- Each hour after that: €2 ($2)
Convenient Verona bike stations for tourists:
- Piazza Brà
- At Museo di Castelvecchio
- On Via Cappello (a block SE of Juliet's House)
- On Piazza Indipendenza (a block E of Piazza delle Erbe)
- At San Zeno
- Near the Museo Archeologico
- Piazza Venticinque Aprile (the closest to the train station, though you have to turn right and walk about 270m—2 min—and across the river to get there)